Calmness of Chaos


As the title suggest there is calm n chaos, both inevitable parts of me. But here its something different I am talking about. Heavy Metal Music. Now that’s gonna raise a few eyebrows. I always wondered what is it that pulled people into it.
Is it the darkness, the aggression, the intense lyrics, the thunderous distortion, the drum kick, what is it…
As for me, it was bit of everything as the artist posed with their demonic instruments.
Until recently I discovered something new. The calmness…!!!

Oh man… it was so different… so peaceful.
Louder and harder the music got….you start feeling better and better, relaxed. It feels as if they are playing just for you, the way u want it, the way u feel about others, the way things happen around u….
After a long hard day, facing complexities that rose out of no where…. events that you wished you were never a part of…. All you look for is that calmness.

The best part is that there is no progression… it starts at the very bitter note… as if to say that ‘its enough… you cant accelerate more…. Time to shift gears’.
Once it starts… goes on…and on….like a baby leads its way into the bed time story….we are lead to the depth of that chaos… finally reaching the abyss….

Ssshhhh…. Its silent there. Its just you.

“You got to feel it… to believe it”... … it is indeed really calm




3 comments:

  1. Fantastic.....i can completely relate to what you have written....the calm that comes after the storm (ahem) is what has led me down the Metal tunnel to more ear bleeding brutality along with the melody......its what metal does for you....isolates you from your physical self....a high of a different kind!...Kudos to you...and welcome to the world of Blogging....Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhaari! Welcome to the world of Blogging... I'm glad you're here, finally!

    Even I'd never discovered this aspect of metal. Thanks to your post that I got to know abt calmness in chaos! While I'm not into metal at all, I would now want to give it a try. I always wondered what is in it that ppl go crazy. As u said, "you've to feel it, to believe it" \m/

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing!!
    i can completely get d feel of your words...coz i still remember the 6 hours of metal i njoyed 4 d first tym...n dat made a gal(me) crazy 4 metal,who never used to listen other than linkin park!!
    \m/!!

    ReplyDelete

Contemplations...