An endless drive


This one is after I drove for 6 hrs non-stop.
With the climate going ferocious, i meet the first rains of monsoons on the highway with pitch dark sky and an orechestrated display of lightening. My car and I both had the time of our lives..



It’s a long ride,

and I’ve been driving for quite a while.

need to stretch limbs and crack some bones,

its time to sip a tea


The engine’s going hot

and airs’ turning cold

the suns’ going down

but I’m staying up


for every mile that passes,

the sign boards keep flashing

but each time i gaze

it gets more n more distant.


I face the gleaming headlights

cleanse through the blurring rains

conquer the fallacious ghats

and cruise over straightened lanes.


The trance keeps playing

I grab a steady beat,

honking behind, I make others give way

overtaking all, I gain on pace.


no darker can the sky grow

no faster can my car go

my eyes are getting tired

and my mind’s going anxious.


With patience I steer

the ticking time makes me fear

coz I need to reach home fast

or things are going really harsh


as the city arrives, I get more eager

familiar roads and the same old poles

the busy streets and the ever red signals

finally I reach the gates,

parked my car and pull the brakes.


I get out and my senses return,

blood starts flowing…

Oh I get the feel, my ass is still a part of me.

a hot shower and good nite is all I bid myself….


thinking of the time i spent

before the ride.... all through the night,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contemplations...